Reporter for Bloomberg News in Hong Kong
Experience covering financial news across Europe, the Middle East and Asia
Campaigning journalism influenced a change in UAE criminal law
Skilled handling of real-time breaking news, long-term investigations and data projects
Developer of automated market reporting software for commercial use
- May 2018 - present: Bloomberg News
- CROSS-ASSET MARKETS REPORTER // Real-time market news covering the Asia-Pacific region.
- Feb 2014 - Apr 2018: The Wall Street Journal & Dow Jones Newswires
- MARKETS REPORTER // Wrote market news and commentary, focused on stocks, FX, alternative investments and cryptocurrency markets
- Aug 2013 - Jan 2014: Self-Employed
- FREELANCE JOURNALIST // Articles published in the Financial Times, the Daily Mail and The National
- Aug 2010 - Aug 2013: The National
ABU DHABI, UAE
- BUSINESS REPORTER // Banking, Finance & Markets
- Jan 2008 - May 2010: Various internships
- INCLUDING // Sky News Online, Daily Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph, CNN International and the Financial Times
Campaign series on criminal aspects of security cheques in the UAE influenced a change in the law and the release of more than 1,000 people from prison. Read more.
Specialist experience in the Middle East is a prized asset for international publications. I've contributed to a Financial Times special report on Arab banking and written features on Dubai's recovery for the Daily Mail.
Revealed a market-rigging case which had led to a banker’s suspension by the Dubai Financial Services Authority.
Carrie Lam, chief executive of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region; Boris Collardi, chief executive of Julius Baer; Stephen Hester, former chief executive of Royal Bank of Scotland; former Federal Reserve chairman Paul Volcker; former Bundesbank president Axel Weber; and actor Al Pacino.
My PGP fingerprint is EC01 CB70 35F3 C01F C6E7 0E28 CDB7 B5E4 0D5B 6171. Don't believe me? It's also over here.
Say hi anytime.
© Gregor Stuart Hunter